Kozhikode man suffers burn injuries after mobile phone explodes in his pocket

2 min read
Read later

Kozhikode: A man suffered minor burn injuries on Tuesday when a mobile phone (Realme 8) kept in his trouser pocket exploded, police said.

Haris Rahman (23), a contract worker with the Railways suffered injuries when he reached the office in Kozhikode town.

The incident happened around 7 am.

Rahman said the mobile phone which was purchased two years ago caught fire unexpectedly. The display was changed months back, he noted.

"It (mobile phone) was in my pocket and luckily the display was facing towards my body. I felt the heat and suddenly the trouser caught fire under the impact of the explosion," he told PTI.

Rahman was admitted to a nearby hospital and later discharged.

On April 24, an eight-year-old girl hailing from Thrissur died after a mobile phone she was using exploded.

Responding to the incident, a Realme spokesperson said: "We are aware of the recent reports of a realme 8 phone blast incident. We have taken cognizance of this matter and are investigating it. The phone was tampered a few days back by a 3rd party local shopkeeper, but our local team is supporting the customer in every way possible.

We are committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our products and customers. To ensure that our customers receive the best possible support, we have authorized 500+ service centers, including 47 exclusive centers across cities, as part of our after-sales services. We urge our users to contact an authorized service provider in case of any issues they face with their realme devices. We apologize for any inconvenience or concern this may have caused and assure our customers that the safety of our products is our top priority.”

With PTI inputs

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

Vande Bharat

1 min

Kerala’s ‘orange’ Vande Bharat likely to have a change of colour

Sep 27, 2023

set on fire

1 min

Pathanamthitta man sets mother’s room on fire for not being served preferred food

Sep 28, 2023


2 min

Kanthalloor wins 'Best Tourism Village Gold' award

Sep 28, 2023