Man dies of suspected food poisoning in Thrissur, two children hospitalised

1 min read
Read later

Chavakkad: A 52-year-old man reportedly died in a suspected case of food poisoning in Chavakkad on Thursday. The deceased has been identified as Prakashan, hailing from Kadappuram village in Chavakkad.

His two daughters, Praveena (22) and Sangeetha (16) are undergoing treatment at Thrissur Government Medical College.

On Tuesday night, Prakashan came home with 'chilli chicken' bought from a restaurant in Anjangadi. Except for his wife Rajini, Prakashan and the children ate the food. After showing symptoms associated with food poisoning, all three received primary treatment at Chavakad Taluk hospital before returning home. On Thursday, Prakashan was rushed to the hospital after his condition worsened.

Meanwhile, the health officials collected food samples from the restaurant and sent them to a Kakkanad lab for testing. Food poisoning can be confirmed only after receiving the post-mortem report, police said.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.