Man dies after knife accidently pierces into stomach while fainting
Rajapuram (Kasaragod): A man died after a knife pierced into his stomach when he fell unconscious while cleaning areca nut. The deceased was identified as Biju (38), son of Ennappara native Raman Kutty and Thankamma.
Biju was cleaning areca nut to chew it with betel leaves after dinner on Tuesday. As he was cutting the areca nut, he fell unconscious suddenly and the knife happened to pierce into his stomach, it is learnt.
His relatives said that Biju had fallen unconscious prior to this due to low blood pressure.
Though Biju was rushed to a private hospital in Mangaluru, he succumbed to the injury on Wednesday night. He is survived by wife Neethu and a 3-month-old son.