Malayali girl dies in Bengaluru after inhaling pesticide


Bengaluru: A Malayali girl died here on Monday after reportedly inhaling pesticide which sprayed inside her bedroom. The deceased is identified as Ahana(8), the daughter of a couple from Kuthuparamba in Kannur.

She was rushed to the hospital after complaining of uneasiness. Later, she breathed her last while undergoing treatment.

Preliminary reports suggested that exposure to the contaminated air sprayed with pest-killing chemicals led to her death. Meanwhile, her parents are undergoing treatment in the ICU of the hospital.

The family is residing at a rented house near the Mariyamman Kovil in Vasanth Vihar. A few days back, the house owner asked the family to temporarily leave the house for one or two days for spraying pesticides. Following this, the family moved to Kerala on Thursday night and returned to Bengaluru in the wee hours of Monday.

Following this, the family rested in the house for a few hours but started to feel uneasiness sometime later. They thought uneasiness was due to the travel. However, the family called an ambulance and was shifted to the hospital by 10:00 am. Later, Ahana was declared dead in the afternoon.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.