Representational Image | Photo: Sajan V Nambiar
Thiruvananthapuram: LDF has released its manifesto for the Local Self Government polls this year. The slogan put forward by LDF is ‘One vote for development, one vote for social harmony’.
The important promises include welfare schemes for workers under MGNREGA ACT, employment for 10 lakh people through Local Self Government bodies and increasing the welfare pension to Rs 1,500.
Important points in the manifesto
- Welfare scheme for workers under MGNREGA ACT will come into existence from January 1, 2021. People working for at least 20 days in a year can join this scheme. Pension will be given for all members, who are not eligible for any other pension, from the age of 60. Festival allowance will be given to everyone who works for 75 days.
- Employment for 10 lakh people through Local Self Government bodies. 5 lakh job opportunities will be created in the agricultural sector. 5 lakh job opportunities will also be created in other sectors through micro-startups.
- The welfare pension scheme will be increased to Rs 1500 from January 1, 2021. This will be distributed to people over the age of 60.
- Electricity, housing and drinking water for everyone.
- Poverty will be eradicated in the lowest sections of society.