Copra shed catches fire in Sabarimala

Fire and safety officials before the gutted copra shed / Photo: Screengrab of Mathrubhumi News

Pathanamthitta: A copra shed caught fire in Sabarimala temple here on Thursday. No causalities were reported, confirmed the officials.
The fire mishap occurred around 11:45 pm, putting the officials concerned on their toes. According to reports, the shed was completely gutted in the fire.

The flames from the fire put on for drying copra have been attributed as the reason for the accident.

It took nearly two and a half hours to bring the fire under control.

Some workers who were resting inside another shed adjacent to the copra shed had a narrow escape as the prompt intervention of fire and safety personnel averted a tragedy.

Meanwhile, the mishap raised fingers at the supervisory loss of staff who put on fire for drying the copra. Safety and precautionary measures taken in Sabarimala during the pilgrimage season also came under the scanner.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.