KSRTC starts service for govt staff from Friday
Kottayam: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation has started operating special bus services for employees in collectorate and other government offices from Friday. In Kottayam district, the services are operated from 8 centres. KSRTC official informed that double fare will be collected from the passengers.
The bus from each centre will reach the district collectorate at 10.15 am every day. Each bus carrying the employees will depart from collectorate at 5.15 pm.
“The number of buses will be increased or decreased as per the demand of the passengers. At present, one bus each will operate service from each centre,” informed a KSRTC official.
At the same time, KSRTC has not allowed bus service on Karukachal route. Hence many employees to civil station and other government offices are in trouble to travel from Karukachal. There is also a complaint that KSRTC is not operating service from Mukkada, Manimala and Pathanad regions.
Conditions to travel in these buses
- Only employees in government and public offices will be allowed to travel in these special KSRTC buses.
- Each passenger must hold ID proof
- Only one passenger will be allowed to sit in the seat of two people. Two passengers should sit by maintaining safe distance on the seat for three.
- No standing passengers allowed
- Each passenger should wash hands with sanitizer or soap before boarding the bus.