Arnav | Screengrab of Mathrubhumi News
Kozhikode: A class 9 boy in Koyilandy here on Saturday suffered grievous injury after he accidentally stepped into an iron pole kept on the roadside by KSEB workers. The affected boy has been identified as Arnav. He is undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
The incident happened in the morning while the boy on the cycle tried to give side to the vehicles coming from the other side. KSEB contract workers had kept the pole (used for chopping off tree branches) unattended on the roadside, said reports.
The boy accidentally stepped into and part of his leg got slashed.
According to Arnav’s mother, doctors informed her that suturing the wound is not practical as the skin got peeled off. Plastic surgery is an option, but will take another 10 days to ascertain whether it is possible, she noted. The family is also more concerned as the annual exam of the boy is around the corner.
Meanwhile, the locals expressed their protest against the apparent laxity of KSEB. They alleged that the workers were not concerned about precautions, even as the road was busy.