Kottayam woman dies while undergoing treatment for food poisoning

Reshmi | Photo: Mathrubhumi News

Kottayam: A woman who was under treatment in Kottayam following a suspected case of food poisoning died on Monday. The deceased Kiliroor native Reshmi (33) was a nurse at Orthopedics department in Govt Medical College in Kottayam.

Reshmi had eaten Alfahm bought from the hotel ‘Malappuram Manthi’ at Sankranthi in Kottayam. She started to exhibit symptoms of food poisoning after this. Soon she was admitted to a hospital on December 31.

The officials at Medical College Hospital informed that the cause of death could be inferred only after obtaining the autopsy report.

Over 15 persons who had food from this hotel earlier were allegedly infected with food poisoning. Food security officials inspected the hotel and closed it down for violating safety norms.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.