Sidewall of Maruthoor bridge at Koottappana in Neyyattinkara collapsed | Photo: Praveen Das M | Mathrubhumi
Thiruvananthapuram: Heavy rainfall continues in the hilly regions of Thiruvananthapuram district. Downpour lashed Vithura, Ponmudi, Nedumangad and Palode areas causing heavy damages in many places.
Rail traffic was affected as mudslide occurred on the railway tracks in three different places on Thiruvananthapuram-Nagercoil route. Mudslide was reported at two locations on Eraniel-Kuzhithura route and at one place between Neyyattinkara and Parassala.
Sidewall of Maruthoor bridge at Koottappana in Neyyattinkara collapsed. The approach road also was damaged and caved in. With this, the vehicles going to Thiruvananthapuram and Nagarcoil are diverted via Olathanni. The district collector urged the people in Thiruvananthapuram to stay alert as heavy rain is predicted and to avoid unnecessary travel.
Meanwhile, the shutters of Aruvikkara dam was raised to 220 centimetres as the water level increased. Heavy rain continues in the coastal areas also. Several shops in Vizhinjam fisheries land were waterlogged in the rainfall at night. Fishing equipment also were damaged.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) informed that a new low pressure will form over Andamans within the next 12 hours. It will reach middle-east Bay of Bengal within two days and may intensify into a deep depression. A cyclonic circulation is still existing over the Arabian Sea. People of southern districts in Kerala should be more vigilant, the IMD warned.
Fully cancelled trains
1. Train No. 16366 Nagercoil Jn. – Kottayam Daily Passenger is fully cancelled on 13th November, 2021 (Today).
2. Train No. 16127 Chennai Egmore – Guruvayur Daily Express will be fully cancelled on 14th November, 2021 (Tomorrow).
Partially cancelled trains
1. Train No. 16525 Kanyakumari – KSR Bengaluru Daily Island Express scheduled to leave Kanyakumari on November 13, 2021 will start from Thiruvananthapuram Central as the train is partially cancelled between Kanyakumari and Thiruvananthapuram Central.
2. Train No. 16526 KSR Bengaluru – Kanyakumari Daily Island Express that left KSR Bengaluru on November 12, 2021 will be short terminated at Thiruvananthapuram Central. The train is partially cancelled between Thiruvananthapuram Central and Kanyakumari.
3. Train No. 16723 Chennai Egmore – Kollam Junction Ananthapuri Express leaving Chennai Egmore on November 12, 2021 will be short terminated at Nagercoil Junction.
4. Train No. 16724 Kollam Junction – Chennai Egmore Ananthapuri Express scheduled to leave Kollam Jn. on 13th November, 2021 will commence service from Nagercoil Jn. as the train is partially cancelled between Kollam Jn. and Nagercoil Jn.
5. Train No. 22627 Tiruchchirappalli Junction – Thiruvananthapuram Central Daily Intercity Express will be short terminated at Nagercoil Jn. on 13th November, 2021. The train is partially cancelled between Nagercoil Jn. and Thiruvananthapuram Central.
6. Train No. 22628 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Tiruchchirappalli Junction Daily Intercity Express scheduled to leave Thiruvananthapuram Central on 13th November, 2021 will commence service from Nagercoil Jn. The train is partially cancelled between Thiruvananthapuram Central and Nagercoil Jn.
7. Train No. 16128 Guruvayur – Chennai Egmore Daily Express that left Guruvayur on 12th November, 2021 will be short terminated at Neyyatinkara. The train is partially cancelled between Neyyatinkara and Chennai Egmore.
8. Train No. 16650 Nagercoil Junction - Mangalore Central Daily Parasuram Express scheduled to leave Nagercoil Jn. on 13th November, 2021 commenced service from Thiruvananthapuram Central due to partial cancellation between Nagercoil Jn. and Thiruvananthapuram Central.
9. Train No. 12666 Kanyakumari – Howrah Weekly Express scheduled to leave Kanyakumari on 13th November, 2021 has been partially cancelled between Kanyakumari and Nagercoil Jn. The train commenced service from Nagercoil Jn.
10. Train No. 12633 Chennai Egmore – Kanyakumari Daily Exprss that left Chennai Egmore on 12th November, 2021 will be short terminated at Nagercoil Jn. The train is partially cancelled between Nagercoil Jn. and Kanyakumari today.