Police find one more girl who went missing from Kozhikode Children's Home

The police have tracked down two of the missing girls so far. The second girl was found from Mandya in Mysore and the first girl was found on Thursday.

Photo: Mathrubhumi News Screengrab

Kozhikode: One more girl who went missing from the Children's Home at Vellimadukunnu in Kozhikode has been located. The police have tracked down two of the six girls who went missing. The second girl was found from Mandya in Mysore and the first girl was found on Thursday.

According to police sources, the girl was planning to come to Kozhikode from Mysore. The police pointed out that four other girls who escaped must not have gone far. The girls borrowed money from people whom they met on the way as they had no money on hand. The police are hoping to trace the other girls soon.

Two teams from Kerala Police have gone to Bangalore to locate the girls and take them back to Kozhikode. The girls used a ladder to descend from the top of the institution's building during the Republic Day celebrations. Soon, the police received information that they reached Bangalore. The girls sought the help of two young men. They found a room in a hotel in Madiwala in Bangalore with the help of these young men.

The youngsters arrived at the hotel around 1 pm on Thursday and asked for a room. They came back at 2.30 pm, showed their identity card and were ready to book a room. They told the hotel staff that they were expecting a few visitors. Six girls entered the hotel lobby soon after and were unable to produce identity cards when asked by the hotel staff. They also said that their mobile phones had been stolen. Malayali Association members had warned the hotels about the disappearance of six girls from Kerala.

The hotel staff sensed something fishy and informed Madiwala police, KMCC and MMA. The association members were also informed. The security guard closed the gate when the girls tried to run, but five of them escaped by climbing the nearby wall.

The youngsters said that the girls sought their help saying they had lost their mobile phones. Two of the missing girls had arrived at the children's home on January 25. The other four had also arrived only a month back.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.