Representational image | Photo: Mathrubhumi
Thiruvananthapuram: A new salary contract was signed by KSRTC after a long gap of 11 years. The minimum basic salary will be made Rs 23,000 and the maximum will be made Rs 1,05,300. The average hike would be Rs 6,750. Employees will receive Rs 4,700 to Rs 16,000 more than what they received in June 2021.
The master scale as per the Eleventh Pay Commission model has also been set up. The current contract had expired in 2016. The new contract was approved after discussions with the organisations and was signed by Chairman and Managing Director Biju Prabhakar and three employees' union representatives in the presence of Minister Antony Raju. The new contract validity is for five years starting from June 1, 2021. Employees will receive new benefits from their January salary onwards. Pension reforms and other matters will be considered after holding discussions with the Finance and Co-operation Departments and will be included in the contract.
Benefits for employees
- Drivers who perform at least 20 duties per month will be given Rs 50 per duty. Those doing more than 20 will be given Rs 100 per duty.
- One year of unpaid leave will be granted for women employees in addition to the existing maternity leave (180 days). This leave will be considered for promotions, increments and pension. Those availing this leave will get Rs 5,000 per month as child care allowance.
- If an employee dies on duty in an accident, Rs 50,000 will be given for post-death expenses. (Currently, it is Rs 10,000). For other deaths Rs 5000 will be given (Currently, it is Rs. 2000). Both are not considered liable.
- Merging DA will be 137 per cent with the current basic salary.
- A minimum of Rs 1,200 and a maximum of Rs 5,000 will be given as monthly rent allowance.
- Ten percent fitment as fixed by the government
- DCRG will be increased from the present Rs 7 lakhs to Rs 10 lakhs. Commutation will continue at 20 per cent.
- Promotion based on vacancies.
- Fifteen public holidays a year, including four national holidays and eleven state holidays.
- The restricted leave that can be given to an employee will be four and the local leave will be one.
23000 - 700(7) - 27900 - 800(4) - 31100 - 900(8) - 38300 - 1000(4) - 42300 - 1100(5) - 47800 - 1200(4) - 52600 - 1300(3) - 56500 - 1400(3) - 60700 - 1500(3) - 65200 - 1600(3) - 70000 - 1800(5) - 79000 - 2000(5) - 89000 - 2200(4) - 97800 - 2500(3) - 105300.