Kerala ministers make most number of visits to UAE for personal purpose
Thrissur: According to travel documents, most number of ministers in this cabinet travelled to UAE as personal trip. The journeys for matters not related to the government are considered as personal trips. This is done at own expense and with the help of sponsors.
Thomas Isaac travelled to UAE three times and two of them were personal trips. Kadakampally Surendran travelled five times to UAE and two of them were personal trips. K T Jaleel, K Raju and V S Sunil Kumar also visited UAE twice while E Chandrasekharan, A K Saseendran, K K Shailaja and G Sudhakaran visited UAE only once for personal purpose.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan travelled to UAE four times for official purpose, while A K Balan thrice, E P Jayarajan twice, and Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan once. All this information was collected by KPCC secretary Adv Shaji Kodankandath by filing RTI.
- Chief minister and other ministers visited 27 foreign countries till the pandemic outbreak.
- Kadakampally Surendran visited most number of countries - 10.
- K K Shailaja visited 8 countries.
- E Chandrasekharan and C Raveendranath had only one foreign trip.
- V S Sunil Kumar travelled abroad five times and all for personal purposes.
- K Raju conducted foreign trips thrice and all of them were personal trips.
- Pinarayi Vijayan travelled to US only once for a personal reason.