Thiruvananthapuram: The Motor Vehicles Department (MVD) has recommended restrictions on inter-state travel once lockdown is lifted.
The MVD has recommended restricting inter-state travel through the four border check-posts and conducting strict health checks besides online registration for passengers.
The recommendations by the transport secretary is under the consideration of the state government.
The MVD submitted the recommendations as there will be a huge rush of passengers from other states once lockdown is lifted.
- Permit travel only through Manjeshwaram, Muthanga, Walayar and Amaravila check posts.
- Arrange facilities for data collection and inspection by the health department at check posts.
- Impose restrictions on the number of travelers allowed per day.
- Arrange online registration for people coming from other states. NORKA’s online registration can be used for this.
- They will be allowed to travel only after uploading a certificate confirming that they are COVID-19 negative.
- Passengers should not be allowed to travel standing in buses. Masks and social distancing must be made mandatory.