Kerala makes face mask compulsory in schools from next academic year
Thrissur: The state health department has made face mask mandatory for students and teachers from next academic year. This guideline must be followed in all schools even after the coronavirus outbreak comes under control.
Issuing the new order, the government assigned Samagra Shiksha Kerala to produce over half crore face masks and supply in all public schools in the state.
A student will get two face masks under the scheme. The face masks made of cloth will be distributed for free of cost like uniform.
It is reported that the face mask will be produced from cloth with good quality as per the international standard guidelines.
- Face mask will be made from cotton fabric which can be reused after washing.
- Each Block Resource Centre (BRC) of Samagra Shiksha must produce at least 30,000 masks.
- BRC must purchase raw materials for the mask making
- Help of parents, volunteers and old students can be sought for face mask making.
- Face mask should be supplied to all schools by May 30.
- Expenditure for the mask will be estimated in the fund for free school uniform.
- Safe distance must be maintained between people during face mask production.
- If individuals or institutes donate face masks, it should be included for the supply to schools.