Kozhikode boy’s death due to food poisoning; Presence of Cholera bacteria detected in water


yamin
Yamin (2)

Kozhikode: The investigation into the death of 2-year-old boy due to food poisoning at Narikkuni has found the presence of cholera bacteria in water collected from 3 wells of the region. As per the reports, the child suffered health issues after having a chicken roll from a wedding venue in Narikkuni. The health officials collected water from the wells situated in the residence of the bride, groom and on the premises of the catering unit.

After testing the water from the wells, the presence of vibrio cholera was detected. It is learnt that the presence of bacteria is confirmed in the three wells. But neither the deceased boy nor those who were hospitalised due to food poisoning developed any symptoms of cholera.

Two-year-old Muhammad Yamin, son of Veeriambram native Akbar, died of suspected food poisoning on November 11. A total of 11 children including Yamin were hospitalised due to food poisoning.

Following Yamin’s death, food safety officials collected water samples from three panchayats including Kakkur, Narikkuni and Thamarassery. The health department had conducted chlorination and super chlorination of the wells in the region.

Food for the wedding function was ordered from a catering unit at Kuttambur in Kakkur. The food safety department has closed the catering unit the same day of the food poisoning issue and collected water samples.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.