Health Minister Veena George | Photo: Facebook
Thiruvananthapuram: Health Minister Veena George has instructed the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) to finish security audits in medical colleges across the state within five days.
DME secretary Dr Rathan Kelkar, Director Dr Thomas Mathew, principals of all medical colleges, and health superintendents attended a high-level meeting to discuss measures taken to ramp up security systems in medical colleges across the state.
- Security alarms in hospitals within 15 days.
- Measures to ensure the safety of health workers.
- The efficiency of the security system will be evaluated.
- Briefing room to collect the details of patients.
- Bystanders is limited to one person in the ward; two in intensive care units (one more person in case of emergency).
- Introduction of walkie-talkies.
- Patrolling by security officials.