Kerala becoming No:1 is only a continuation of UDF govt's achievements, says Oommen Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Former chief minister Oommen Chandy said that the number one position achieved by Kerala according to the Governance Index Report of the Public Affairs Centre in Bengaluru is only a continuation of the gains made by the previous UDF government.
Kerala obtained this recognition all four times since 2016 when the Governance Index was initiated. The index in 2016 was published using the data of 2015. The achievement of UDF government was sustained by the LDF government, said Oommen Chandy in a Facebook post.
The ranking of the states is determined based on 10 factors such as economic freedom, environment protection and transparent administration. Oommen Chandy added that the research institute was set up by Dr Samuel Paul, a Keralite, in 1994.
Apart from this, the Congress leader also listed some of the achievements owned by the UDF government:
- UN Award for the mass contact programme - 2013
- IBN 7 Diamond State Award for best state - 2012
- India Today State Award - 2013
- National Energy Conservation Award - 2012-15
- Ulysses Prize, which known as Oscar in Tourism sector, for responsible tourism in Kumarakom
- Limca Book of Record for Run Kerala Run event with 1.52 crore participants for promotion of National Games - 2015