Representative image | Photo: Mathrubhumi
Thiruvananthapuram: In a bid to curb the transmission of COVID-19 in the state, night curfew will be imposed in the state from August 30 onwards. The curfew will be enforced from 10 pm to 6 am. Lockdown will be implemented in places where the weekly infection population ratio (WIPR) is above seven.
Only essential services will be allowed. Night travel and unnecessary travelling are strictly banned until further notice. Inspections will be carried out to enforce the curfew effectively. Strict action will be taken against those who violate the curfew. KSRTC buses will conduct service and details of the bus schedule will be available on the online booking site.
- Essential services, travel to hospital with patients, journey of by-standers.
- Those working in the essential services category.
- Goods movement.
- Journeys related to the death of close relatives.
- Those who started their long journey before 10 pm.
- One can travel to airport and railway station by showing booked tickets.
- All other travellers require permission from nearest police station.