Kasaragod: A young woman from Kasaragod passed away on Saturday in a suspected case of food poisoning.
The deceased, Thalakkala native Anjusree Parvathy (19), had faced discomfort after eating the food she ordered online from a hotel in the locality. She was taken to a private hospital in Mangaluru.
Anjusree was an employee of a private firm in Mangaluru. She ate food that was suspected of being unsafe on New Year’s Eve. She had come home for a vacation. All family members who ate the food had faced trouble. However, the situation of Anjusree worsened. She was first taken to a hospital in Kasaragod and then was shifted to Mangaluru.
Anjusree succumbed on Saturday morning. The body will be taken to Kasaragod General Hospital. After the inquest, the body will be taken to Pariyaram Medical College for postmortem.
Melparamba police have registered a case for unnatural death over the complaint filed by the family. It is learnt that the family ate 'Kuzhimandi', a popular dish of boiled rice and meat.
Last week, a nurse died of food poisoning in Kottayam. Following this, the food safety department has been inspecting eateries and several of them were closed down due to an unhygenic environment and lack of license.
Health minister Veena George has ordered an investigation.