Karipur, Kochi, Kannur airports enlisted as embarkment centres for hajj pilgrimage

Representational Image. Photo:ANI

Kondotty: The international airports in Kannur, Kochi and Karipur have been enlisted as the embarkment centres for hajj pilgrimage in the draft document prepared for the next five years. Only 10 embarkment centres were set up in the previous year due to less pilgrims in view of Covid 19. As many as 25 airports were selected this year.

The hajj quota has been revised this year as 80 per cent for the preferences were made by the government while the remaining 20 per cent for private groups. Kerala Hajj Committee chairman C Muhammed Faizi informed that the preliminary procedures for hajj pilgrimage will commence on the next day of receiving the online applications. All proceedings will be carried out as per the notification of the Central Hajj Committee and the draft document.

Service centres will be soon set up at different locations in Kerala for receiving the applications via online mode.

The hajj committee appreciated the state government for making necessary interventions to develop the runway in Karipur airport.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.