Kannur mishap: Car caught fire due to short circuit, says probe report

1 min read
Read later

The car that caught fire in Kannur | Photo: Mathrubhumi

The special investigation team probing the car accident in Kannur have found that the reason for the fire, which killed a couple, was due to short circuit. The report submitted to the north zone Deputy Transport Commissioner by the probe team led by Kannur RTO stated that the reason for the fire spreading was the sanitiser and air freshener inside the vehicle.

However, the chemical examination report of the remains retrieved from the burnt car has not come out. The investigation team inspected the car in the presence of technical experts on Monday.

The incident took place on February 2 when TV Prajith and his wife Reesha were rushing to the hospital as the latter experienced labour pain. The couple were sitting in the front seat of the car. Four people, including Reesha’s parents, were in the rear seat of the car. They escaped the accident without any injuries.

RTO ES Unnikrishnan, who conducted the primary examination, had said that a short circuit was the reason for the fire. The fire was thought to have started from the dashboard of the car.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.


1 min

Milad Un-Nabi on September 28; public holiday declared

Sep 25, 2023


1 min

Narrow escape for Kottayam girl as bullet pierces window amid police training session

Sep 24, 2023


1 min

Low pressure in Bay of Bengal: Chance of heavy rain

Sep 25, 2023