Dileep | Photo: Mathrubhumi
Kochi: Actor Dileep in High Court said that extension for completing further probe in the actress attack case should not be granted. Dileep voiced his objection against the petition filed by the Crime Branch seeking three more months for further investigation.
Dileep also informed the court that the Crime Branch’s allegations that he is in possession of the visuals are false. The actor also opposed Crime Branch’s request seeking more time to inspect digital evidence. The actor said that Crime Branch has already received the forensic test reports connected to the case three months back and that there is no need for an extension for further probe as it affects the trial of the case.
The petition seeking extension is being reviewed by Justice Kauser Edappagath. The decision on this may be taken on Wednesday. HC had earlier directed the prosecution to complete the investigation by May 30 and submit the report before the trial court by May 31.
Meanwhile, Justice Kauser Edappagath refused to entertain the plea of the survivor for a different bench to hear the plea of the Crime Branch.
Survivor's plea against closing the probe will be heard on June 10. Justice Kauser had earlier rescued himself from hearing this plea.