Idukki family suffers food poisioning after consuming Shawarma

Photo: Mathrubhumi archives

Idukki: Three members of a family suffered food poisoning after consuming Shawarma from a hotel in Nedungandam, Idukki.

A man, an elderly woman and a 7-year-old child suffered food poisoning after consuming Shawarma bought from Camel Resto, a food outlet in Nedumkandam Town, on January 1. Feeling uneasiness after eating Shawarma, the family sought treatment at Taluk hospital. After getting discharged from the hospital, they filed a complaint before the health department.

However, no stale food was found in the hotel after officials conducted an inspection based on the complaint. But the health department issued a notice to the hotel owing to certain issues with the drainage system in the establishment.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.