How did Bindu, Kanakadurga enter through staff gate?
Kochi: The high-level monitoring committee has stated that they have no clarification over how the two women who had darshan at Sabarimala Ayyappa Temple on January 2 were allowed entry through the staff gate to the temple yard. They arrived at the place along with some anonymous persons.
Also, it is not clear how they could reach in front of the shrine through the door behind the flag pole. Normally, the devotees are not allowed to enter through these entrances, said the third report of the committee submitted in the high court.
Bindu and Kanakadurga had darshan at the temple on January 2. The report was submitted before Makaravilakku. The court examined the report along with the pleas in connection with the Sabarimala issue. The petitions will be considered on January 24.
The present report also states that the second report had asked not to provide police protection to young women in Sabarimala until the festival season concludes.
Meanwhile, Pathanamthitta district police chief submitted a report stating that the police were in civil dress while accompanying the two women who had darshan at the temple. He also stated in the report that police provided protection to the women as they requested for it.
- As per the report, there were no protesters at the time, which is why the women could have darshan easily. Also other devotees were not disturbed because of them. a total of 93,120 devotees arrived at the temple on that day. The protests staged by some organisations causes the trouble.
- On January 3, three women waited in the bus for their family who went to Sabarimala. They were mistaken for women going to have darshan and Tamil Nadu natives pelted stones at the bus.
- A transgender who was dressed like woman could have darshan at the temple due to protests on January 4.
- The troubles and chaos are caused by the protests staged by Sabarimala Karma Samithi, Achara Samrakshana Samithi and some political parties.
- To provide protection on request of a woman is a constitutional duty. The police have the freedom and efficiency to act according to situation. Also they can provide protection to other devotees.