House catches fire in TVM, Fire Force assumes overheating of mobile phone led to accident


Thiruvananthapuram: A major fire broke out on the first floor of a house at Kudappanakkunnu here. It is suspected that the fire from a mobile phone engulfed the first floor of the house owned by Jayamohan.

The fire accident took place at 11 am on Saturday. Furniture and other items inside the room were gutted in the fire. Jayamohan and his family had a narrow escape as they were on the ground floor.

The neighbours spotted smoke emanating from the room on the first floor and alerted Jayamohan and his family. A unit of Fire Force rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

According to reports, AC was found switched on inside the room. No electric short-circuit was noted in the room.

The Fire Force personnel assume that fire erupted from the mobile phone which was plugged in for charging. It is suspected that the bed caught fire due to overheating of the mobile phone.


Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.