Thiruvananthapuram: The restaurants, hotels and malls in the state can start functioning from June 9 strictly adhering to restrictions, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said in a press meet here on Friday. Though the institutions can be opened on June 8 itself, the shop and premises should be sanitized on the day. Restaurants, hotels, tea stalls and juice stalls should wash the utensils in hot water, the chief minister directed.
The chief minister also released the guidelines for opening hotels and restaurants. In-dine facilities can be started in restaurants, but home delivery should be encouraged maximum. Those who go for home delivery should be subjected to temperature test, the CM said.
Guidelines for hotels
- Hotels with lodging facility should arrange sanitizer and temperature checking facility.
- The staff and guest in the hotel should not have any COVID symptom.
- Staff and guests should wear mask during the entire time they spend in the hotel.
- Separate entry and exit should be arranged.
- Limit the maximum number of people in lifts and maintain social distancing.
- People should stand on alternate steps on escalators.
- The guests should self attest their travel history and health condition.
- Payments should be done through online methods.
- Sanitize luggage of guests.
- Encourage room service.
- Place food items at doors instead of directly handing over to the guest.
- Operate AC at 24-30 degrees.
- Sanitize hotel premises and toilets.
- Close children's play area.
- Maintain social distancing during buffet.
- Make disposable menu cards and destroy after used by a customer.
- Replace cloth napkins with paper napkins.
- Those who serve food should wear mask and gloves.
- Encourage digital transactions.
- Sanitize all tables after the customer leaves.
- Close cinema halls in malls.
- Do not open children's play area and game arcades.