Hotel in Kozhikode closed after students capture video of rat in food rack
Kozhikode: Students who came to have food at a restaurant in Kozhikode found a rat inside the food rack and captured the visuals. They forwarded the video to the Food Safety Department following which the outlet was ordered to be closed down for unhygienic situation.
By Wednesday evening, the food safety department closed down the restaurant ‘Hotbuns’ situated in East Hill. During inspection, the excreta and urine of rats was detected inside the rack.
The food safety license was also suspended after it was found that the hotel was operating in violation of the license rules and was selling food in a manner that could be harmful to public health. Notice was also issued to the hotel. Food Safety Department officials Dr Vishnu S Shaji, Dr Joseph Kuriakose conducted the inspection.