Kozhikode: The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rains in the coming days.
The Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) has issued orange alerts in 9 districts and yellow alerts in 12 districts.
Orange alerts in districts at a glance:
- June 26: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki
- June 27: Kozhikode, Wayanad
Also, yellow alert has been sounded in 11 districts
Yellow alerts in districts at a glance:
- June 24: Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki
- June 25: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Idukki
- June 26: Thrissur, Palakkad
- June 27: Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kannur, Kasaragod
- June 28: Kannur, Kasaragod
The Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) warned people residing in areas prone to landslide and mudslide to remain alert.
People living close to river banks and coastal areas have been directed to stay vigilant. Strong winds could uproot trees and electric poles, KSDMA warned.
Warning for fisherfolkFisherfolk have been advised to refrain from venturing into the sea in Lakshadweep coast on June 24, Kerala-Lakshadweep coasts from June 25 to June 28, and Karnataka coast on June 27 and June 28.
Rough wave warningThe Kerala coast between Pozhiyur and Kasaragod is likely to witness rough waves that can reach heights between 2.7 and 3.1 metres until 11.30 pm on June 24, informed the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS).