India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued Red and Orange alerts in various districts in Kerala from July 19 to 23.
The Kerala State Disaster Management Authority (KSDMA) has issued certain measures to be taken in this wake.
The warnings issued by KSDMA:
- Red, Orange alerts in various districts from July 19 to 23
- Red alert has been issued on – July 19 in Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad and Kannur, July 20 in Kasaragod, July 21 in Kozhikode, Wayanad, July 22 in Idukki, Kozhikode, Wayanad.
- Extremely heavy rains (more than 204mm0 is predicted in these districts.
- Red alert is aimed at preparing for the unexpected.
- As continuous heavy rains might batter the regions, flood and landslide are likely to happen.
- Orange alert issued on – July 20 in Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad and Kannr, July 21 in Malappuram and Kannur, July 22 in Kottayam, Malappuram and Kannur and July 23 in Kannur.
It has also mentioned about an emergency kit to be kept ready.
Read the full Facebook post of KSDMA here: