Plus Two student dies of burns while cooking food


She had suffered burns on September 2 and was undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Varsha
Varsha

Koduvayur: A Plus two student who suffered burns while cooking eggs succumbed to injuries. She died by Monday noon at the Government Medical College Ernakulam. Varsha (17) was daughter of Koduvayur natives Kannan and Rathi. She had suffered burns on September 2 and was undergoing treatment at the hospital.

She was a plus two student at V I M Higher Secondary School in Pallassana and was cooking eggs for lunch before going for examination. She had doused kerosene over the firewood kept in the stove and suffered severe burns when the fire was lighted suddenly. Her father rushed in after hearing her screams and saw his daughter on fire. He poured water over her and put out the fire. She was taken to the district hospital and given primary care. The hospital confirmed 65 percent burns and she was then shifted to the Thrissur Medical College for expert treatment.

Since there were no hospital beds available, she was shifted to a private hospital in Ernakulam. The private hospital asked the girl’s family to pay Rs 2.5 lakhs as advance for the treatment that would cost a total of Rs 5 lakhs. She was transferred to the Government Medical College in Ernakulam following this.

Varsha’s father works as an autodriver and her mother is an employee in a private institution. The body will be handed over to the family after police inquest and post mortem. Her siblings are Jishnu and Vishnu.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.