Gold smuggling case: Chennithala raises 10 questions to CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition Leader Ramesh Chennithala raised 10 questions to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan relating to the controversial gold smuggling case here on Saturday. The UDF leader came up with new questions after CM chose to ignore the questions he had raised last month.
The questions raised by Chennithala’s were:
- Was the Chief Minister aware of former IT Secretary M Sivasankar’s links with the gold smuggling gang or did he just ignore it?
- Is CM aware of the activities going on in his office?
- Did the CM know about the illegal links of a minister in his cabinet with a foreign consulate?
- Why did CM justify the illegal tenders and consultancy deals like Sprinklr undertaken by Sivasankar?
- Why is the CM fearing CBI inquiry on consultancy frauds and backdoor appointments under the LDF government?
- Were the intelligence agencies in the state unaware of the gold smuggling or were they forced to remain silent?
- Had the agencies filed any report on gold smuggling through consulates?
- Why did Kerala CPM restrict the national leadership from giving a reply to my letter forwarded to general secretary Sitharam Yechury?
- Why did not LDF summon a meeting to discuss the gold smuggling case after the Chief Minister’s office came under fire?
- Why did not the government initiate a probe on backdoor appointments in PSC?