Girl dies due to maida allergy after eating parotta in Idukki

1 min read
Read later

Nayan Maria, representational image | Photo: Mathrubhumi

Cheruthoni: A girl, who had been undergoing treatment for allergy after eating parotta, died here on Friday afternoon. The deceased has been identified as Nayan Maria (16), daughter of Thannikandam native Siju.

Nayan is a class 11 biology science student of St George Higher Secondary School, Vazhathoppu. Apparently, she had been undergoing treatment for maida and wheat allergy for a long period of time.

As Nayan was recovering, the doctor directed her family to give small quantities of wheat and maida food items. She had been having similar food for the past few days.

However, on Thursday, Nayan collapsed after eating parotta made out of maida flour. She was soon rushed to Idukki Medical College but could not be saved.

She is survived by her mother Lincy and brother Naveen. The funeral will be held at the cathedral cemetery in Vazhathoppu at 2pm on Saturday.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.