Stray dogs that died after eating poisoned food | Photo: Special Arrangement
Thiruvananthapuram: Four dogs, including a pet dog, died after consuming poisoned food. The dogs died after eating food mixed with poison that was laid out on the streets for them by a gang that arrived by car. The incident took place on Chirakulam Road in Thiruvananthapuram.
The pet dog named Nano ate the food while he was out for morning walk. The locals allege that a gang, which arrived in a car the night before, placed the poisoned food on the streets with the intention to kill the dogs.
The locals said that they had removed food kept out for dogs from the streets on previous occasions after suspecting that it was poisoned. The visuals of the car have been caught on CCTV camera installed in the neighbourhood. The locals said that the dogs were docile and that they had never caused any trouble for the locals.
The High Court had directed the release of a circular via the State police Chief restraining people from attacking stray dogs the other day.