Fire breaks out in plastic waste godown in Paravur; no casualties


The godown is located near a residential area. As smoke and the smell of burnt plastic spread, the people residing in nearby houses were evacuated.

Fire breaks out at plastic godown | Screengrab: Mathrubhumi News

Kochi: A fire broke out at a godown where plastic wastes had piled up at Thathampally in Paravur here on Sunday. The godown was completely burnt in the fire accident. No casualties were reported.

The mishap took place around 11.30 am. The fire broke out in the godown when welding works were progressing there.

The godown is located near a residential area. As smoke and the smell of burnt plastic spread, the people residing in nearby houses were evacuated.

Six units of fire force arrived at the place and stopped the fire from spreading to more places. The plastic waste was piled in the godown for recycling.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.