Fire breaks out in TVM school amid PSC exam


According to preliminary assumptions, there has been a damage of around Rs 1.5 lakh. However, the exam was conducted without any interruption. 

Representational Image | Photo: UNI

Thiruvananthapuram: A fire broke out at Government Chalai Tamil High School here on Tuesday amid a PSC exam. The bags and mobile phones of the candidates who appeared for the sub-inspector main exam were gutted in the fire which erupted at the cloakroom arranged for the PSC candidates.
No casualties were reported.

According to preliminary assumptions, the fire accident led to a loss of around Rs 1.5 lakh. However, the exam was conducted without any interruption.

The exam was scheduled at 7.30 am and the fire was spotted at 8.10 am. There were more than 100 bags in the cloakroom. Reportedly, around 10 mobile phones, watches, ID cards, bags and books were destroyed in the fire.

According to the fire force personnel, the fire could have been caused by a mobile phone explosion or could have spread from a phone connected to any power bank.
A teacher who noticed the fumes coming out from the cloakroom had alerted the police and fire force. A forensic team has also inspected the area.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.