Feud over pistol offer: Police reveal chilling details of Attapady lynching incident

2 min read
Read later

Deceased Nandhakishore

Palakkad: Attapady which grabbed highlights over 2018 mob lynch case of tribal man Madhu has once again hit headlines for another mob lynch. Nandhakishore (22), a native of Thrissur’s Kodungallur, was lynched to death in Narasimukku here by a group of people. His friend Vinay, a native of Kannur too was thrashed by the gang and he is undergoing treatment at Thrissur Medical College.

The inhumane act happened in the wee hours of Friday. Police has arrested Narasimukku natives Vipin Prasad (24), Praveen alias Mari (23), Rajeeev (22), Ottapalam natives Asharaf (33), Sunilkumar (24) and Cherpulassery native Nafi (24). According to police, a total of 11 were involved in the lynching and five of them are still on the run. The officials revealed the chilling details of the crime. The feud over not providing a pistol as assured ended up in the attack orchestrated by the gang members.

Nandhakishore and Vinay were working as temple priest and assistant respectively at Bhoothivazhy temple in Attapady. It was Vinay who said that he could offer the pistol to Vipin if ge could manage Rs 1,00,000.

Vipin had paid a part of the amount, Rs 35,000, two weeks ago through online. Vinay had agreed that he will hand over the pistol once the remaining amount is settled. Vinay later asked Vipin to reach Thiruvananthapuram so that the pistol can be handed over in return of the remaining amount.

Vipin met Vinay and settled the remaining Rs 65,000. Vinay promised that he will get the pistol and left the place. After some time, Vinay returned and told that someone snatched the money from him. Following that Vipin returned to native.

Vipin’s friends informed him that he has been cheated by Vinay. Vipin and friends took Vinay to an abandoned building in Narasimukku and thrashed him. Vinay then maintained that Nandhakishore snatched the money from him. The gang also took Nandhakishore to the spot and thrashed him.

After thrashing him they took Nandhakishore to a private hospital in Agali. By the time Nandhakishore reached the hospital, he succumbed to the injuries. The gang fled the scene as the doctors confirmed he was dead. Hospital authorities intimated police and it came to light that Nandhakishore was murdered.

Meanwhile, police collected evidence by taking accused Vipin to the crime scene. Dog squad, fingerprint experts and forensic officials examined the scene. Nandhakishore’s dead body has been shifted to the same Medical College where Vinay is undergoing treatment.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

jawahar kareem

1 min

Man abducts woman after threatening to pour acid on her body in EKM

Sep 21, 2023


1 min

Nipah alert: 24 more samples test negative, says Veena George 

Sep 21, 2023

Karuvannur bank

1 min

Karuvannur: Complainants report receiving death threats, prompting police to advise caution

Sep 21, 2023