Family of four hospitalised after consuming fish in TVM

1 min read
Read later

Thiruvananthapuram: A family of four was hospitalised after consuming fish bought from a local market in Thiruvananthapuram. Biju, who bought the fish from a shop for Rs 200, cooked the food before consuming it along with his family.

The family consumed the fish curry on Friday. Soon after, Biju's daughter showed signs of stomach ache. His wife also felt dizzy and suffered stomach pain. By night, both Biju and his second daughter started to have similar symptoms. The family was later shifted to a private hospital for further treatment.

Meanwhile, a man who bought fish from the same place noticed the presence of parasites. The customer lodged a complaint at the Collectorate. The police and Kallara village officer arrived at the spot and collected the samples from the shop.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.