Election commission releases guidelines ahead of LSG polls; bans large gatherings, marches
Thiruvananthapuram: State Election Commission has banned marches and ‘Kottikkalasam’ for the local body elections, in an order issued on Wednesday. Only 3 vehicles can be used for roadshows as per the order. Only 3 people will be allowed at once, while filing the nomination papers and 5 people while visiting the houses of the members of the constituency.
State Election Commission has decided to strictly follow COVID protocols from the day election officers are given training to the day of the counting of votes.
Important instructions in the order
- Not more than 3 people should be present when the nominee files his/ her nomination papers.
- Only one vehicle will be allowed to accompany the nominee.
- Only 5 people can visit the houses of people in order to seek votes.
- Only 3 vehicles can be used for conducting roadshows.
- Marches, public campaigning and ‘Kottikkalasam’ should be avoided.
- Social media should be used more for election campaigning.
- Candidates should not accept garlands, bouquets and other items that are gifted to them.
- Sanitizer, water and soaps should be kept at all polling stations.
- Not more than 10 booth agents should be allowed in a polling booth.
- Polling officers should wear face masks, face shields, and gloves.
- Only 3 voters will be allowed in the polling booth at once.
- Postal votes will be allowed for voters who are COVID positive and those quarantined.