Kasaragod: In the wake of rampant drowning deaths in Kerala, people from various quarters of society have been urging the school authorities and the state government to equip students with swimming skills from their childhood. Those who raise this demand pointed out that this should not only be implemented for granting grace marks, but also for fostering a generation that can avert drowning deaths. It may be noted that the last day, a Kannur man and his son drowned. The mishap happened while man was teaching his son how to swim so that latter will get a bonus mark in Class 11 admission.
This further reiterated that a professional approach is needed for the training. These are the important things that should be considered such as:
- It is highly recommended to have the training from the age of six
- Get into the water only with the instruction from the trainer
- Those who are learning to swim should not venture into water sources having depth
- It is always better to choose pools with visible bottow
- Use proper safety gear while attending the training
- If you are learning the swimming along with a group, then make sure that there are two or more trainers