Representational Image | Mathrubhumi
Thiruvananthapuram: Document writing and registration, including that of land dealings, is about to be digitalised, taking another step forward in the e-governance pursuits of Kerala.
The process to streamline the entire mechanism for document preparation and registration is in its final stages. The trial run of the software to be deployed has been completed.
Parallelly, the government is in the formalities of amending the rules concerned for the implementation of computerised and integrated mechanisms.
It is expected that digitalisation will curb human errors, malpractices and entry of false information. It will improve ease and speed.
Meanwhile, the government maintains that the mechanism will not affect document writers. Instead it makes their tasks simplified and easy.
- The software will ready the document if the information concerned of land or property is fed to revenue department’s PEARL platform (https://pearl.registration.kerala.gov.in/)
- Money can be paid using e-stamping to complete registration
- Registrar offices will be equipped to facilitate uploading of digital fingerprint and photo
- Sub-registrar will review the online application and authorise the document
- Draft version of document readied by the software can be reviewed for modifications or deletions before final submission