Representative Image: Mathrubhumi
Pathanamthitta: CPM has taken up the mission to cull wild boars in view of the rising threat on agriculture and lives of people. The party has decided to carry out the agenda on the basis of the Forest department’s order which granted permission to kill the wild boars that turned out to be a menace in residential areas.
The Forest department has entrusted the charge of culling to the honorary wildlife warden in each local self government institution. Panchayat secretary and municipality secretary have to implement the orders of the honorary wildlife warden.
Key points for culling:
- Wild boars cannot be killed by using poison, explosive materials, or electric shock. Any other methods can be employed
- Ensure that the culling process will not pose a threat to human life, and lives of domestic animals or any other wild animals
- Authorities have to assure that the carcass has been buried scientifically
- The local bodies have to keep a record of the wild boars killed and buried in its jurisdiction
- Service of the Jana Jagratha Samithis can be utilised to alert people, and for the culling and burying of the wild boars