How to register via online?
1. First go to https://www.cowin.gov.in and click on the ‘Register / Sign in Yourself’ icon on top of the home page.
2. Then enter mobile number on the page that appears and click on ‘Get OTP’. Then an OTP number will be sent as SMS to the mobile number. Enter the OTP number and click on ‘Verify’.
3. In the column for Photo ID proof, select Aadhaar or School ID Card. Enter the photo ID number and the name on it, gender and year of birth. Then click on the ‘Register’ button.
4. With this, the person's name has been registered. Similarly, three more people can register by giving ‘Add More’ option.
How to get appointment for vaccination?
1. Click on ‘Schedule’ just below the registered name for getting vaccination appointment. Then enter the PIN code of the applicant’s residence on the next page. If it is not available, slots can be searched district-wise.
2. Slots available at vaccine centres on each date can be seen there. Click on ‘Confirm’ button after entering the centre, date and time of your choice. The confirmation message will then appear on the page as an SMS.
3. If the chosen centre is not available for any reason, slot can be booked on the CoWin site next day by entering mobile number and OTP number.
4. Registration and appointment documents can be edited until vaccination is completed.
5. Carry the registered photo ID and show the printout of registration or SMS while going to the vaccination centre.