COVID-19: Strict restrictions in flats, apartments to avoid community transmission
Kozhikode: After many people were confirmed with COVID-19 in a few days and the number of quarantined people increased in the district, restrictions will be intensified in public places here in the district.
In this situation, the district Collector S. Sambasiva Rao issued an order as per the Kerala Epidemic Diseases Amendment Ordinance and Disaster Management Act section 30 and 34 to be followed in flats and apartments.
- Conducting public functions in flats and apartments has been banned.
- Public places, hand rails etc in flats and apartments should be sanitized with bleaching powder and sodium hypochlorite.
- All cleaning staff should use mask, gloves, sanitizer and soap.
- Parks, gym, swimming pool, recreational area and clubs should be closed.
- Interior of lifts including its buttons, hand rails etc should be sanitized at regular intervals.
- People who use lift should sanitize their hands after coming out.
- Associations should take care not to spread rumours.
- Security staff in the flats and apartments should ensure that people who arrived from COVID affected places and those in quarantine are not going out.
- Quarantine violation should be reported to the police and further actions must be taken.
- People aged above 60 years should not be appointed as security staff in flats and apartments.
- Ensure children are not playing in public play grounds and keep them inside houses.
- Make children aware of social distancing, personal hygiene and coronavirus transmission.
- Senior citizens, cancer and diabetic patients and people with low immunity are at high risk and should be given more care.
- Associations should take action to deliver essentials at flats.