Thiruvananthapuram: To tackle the spread caused by Covid-19, the state will be witnessing lockdown-like curbs on Sunday. The authorities have directed the police officials to be more vigilant and nab those who breach the restrictions. However, certain concessions are available for essential services.
KSRTC has informed that services will be provided to major routes, including hospitals, railway stations and airports. Meantime, restrictions will be applicable to other public and private vehicles.
Similar restrictions on lockdowns will be imposed in the state on January 30. It is also worth noting that the PSC exams scheduled for Sunday have been postponed to January 27 and 28.
Restrictions and exemptions
- Shops selling medicines, fruits, milk, vegetables, groceries, fish and meat will function between 7 am to 9 pm. Home delivery will be entertained.
- Restaurants and bakeries (parcel only): 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Maximum 20 people are allowed in marriages and funerals
- Buses, trains and air services for long time journeys are permitted. Just keep the ticket in hand.
- Travel to the hospital and for vaccination purposes allowed.
- Tourists are allowed to travel with stay vouchers of hotel/resort.
- Pre-booked tourist cars and taxis are allowed.
- Media outlets, Government offices, private companies, workshops and media outlets working on Sunday allowed. Workers are allowed to travel to the office with company ID cards.
- Those appearing for the examinations need to produce the Admit Cards.
- Bar and liquor shops will not function. Toddy shops will be open.