CM slams PWD for rampant scams
Thiruvananthapuram: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan alleged that the Public Works Department (PWD) is fully drowned in corruption from top to bottom. Cash collection was held in divisions in the name of department minister and secretary, said the CM referring to the 2015 vigilance report.
Earlier, the vigilance had carried out a study when the allegations of corruption was raised against the PWD. The report that explained various scams in the department was submitted to the government in 2015.
Findings of the report
- Percentage of bribe given to officers at various offices in the PWD while preparing the bill of public works
- Officers take bribe for sanctioning the bill without completing the works
- Take bribe by sanctioning bill that were renewed and manipulated
- Resale of the construction materials including tar
- Officials receive a certain amount for new appointments and transfer
- Engineers collect money in various divisions in the name of minister and secretary. It is not clear the money collected is handed over to the higher officials.
- Scam in the Kerala State Construction Corporation
- Scam in digging roads for the telecom purposes
- Corruption and manipulation in the measurements of road construction
CM said that strict action should have been taken at that time and what happened to Palarivattom bridge is the outcome of this. No one will escape from this and strict action will be taken against them, added Pinarayi Vijayan.