Cleaner burned to death after stationary pvt bus catches fire
Thodupuzha: In a tragic incident, one persons was burned to death after a stationed private bus caught fire at Kumily early on Monday.
The deceased was identified as the bus cleaner Rajan, a native of Uppukulam. The bus named Kondody, plies between Kumily and Kottayam. The bus, stationed near a fuelling station caught fire around 2 am. The vehicle was completely destroyed.
Preliminary assumption is that short circuit caused the fire. There will be detailed inquiry into the incident. The bus was stationed near the fuelling station as usual after service on Sunday. Cleaner Rajan was sleeping inside the vehicle as usual.
People thought that Rajan had gone home. Employees at the fuelling station who noticed the fire tried to douse the blaze but in vain. They alerted the Fire and Rescue Service personnel who came to the spot and put out the fire after considerable effort.
Rajan’s body was taken to a nearby hospital. A major accident was averted as the fire did not spread into the fuelling station.