Class 8 girl dies of insect bite in Thiruvalla

1 min read
Read later

Amjitha Aneesh | Photo: Mathrubhumi

Thiruvalla: In an unfortunate incident, a Class 8 girl, who had been undergoing treatment for insect bite, died here on Friday. The deceased has been identified as Amjitha Aneesh (13), daughter of Aneesh and Shanthi Krishnan, natives of Peringara, Pathanamthitta.

She is a student of AGM School, Thiruvalla. As per reports, she was bitten by an insect below her ear on March 1 evening while playing near her house.

The girl had told her parents that she was bitten by a fly-like insect. After half-an-hour, rashes appeared all over her body and she was rushed to the taluk hospital in Thiruvalla.

Amjitha was given first aid, but later collapsed and was shifted to a private medical college in the area. She had been on ventilator as the infection spread to her lungs.

According to the doctor’s assumption, the insect could be highly poisonous and its venom could have led to the death.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.