File photo: Mathrubhumi Archives| G Sivaprasad
Kottayam: Some of the relaxations in lockdown norms announced in Kottayam district which belongs to Green Zone as part of COVID resistance activities has been changed. The relaxation of norms which were to be imposed from Tuesday was altered. Kottayam collector said that the relaxation of norms in the coming days will be decided as per government instruction.
- People should avoid going out except for emergency purposes. Police checking will continue.
- No odd-even number scheme will be applied for allowing vehicles on road. But action will be taken against those who go out unnecessarily in vehicles or by other means.
- No auto and taxi services will be allowed.
- Only parcel supply is allowed in hotels and restaurants.
- Government institutions should function with only 33 percent of total staff.
- Restrictions for commercial institutions exist. Barber shops, jewellery showrooms and textile shops are not allowed to open.
- Industrial estates, factories outside municipalities and authorized banks can function.
- Works related to road and building construction, irrigation and employment guarantee scheme are allowed.
Idukki district which is decalred as Green Zone also had declared some relaxation of lockdown norms. However, the restrictions will continue without changes in the six local bodies which were announced as COVID hotspots.
Thodupuzha municipality, Adimali, Kanjikkuzhi, Mariyapuram, Bison Valley and Senapathi panchayats are the hotspots in Idukki district. The relaxations announced earlier were changed after the intervention of central government.
- People are asked to keep social distance, wear masks and avoid going out unnecessarily.
- Shops where people arrive in large groups such as shopping malls, textile shop and jewellery showrooms cannot be opened.
- Road tarring, building construction, agriculture and industrial works etc can be done conforming to COVID lockdown norms.
- No public transportation including bus, auto and taxi are allowed. People can travel in cars or two wheelers as per rules.
- Checkposts are set up at district borders to stop people from inter-district travelling. Though neighbouring district Kottayam is a Green Zone, no entry is allowed there.
More norms were relaxed in Munnar from Tuesday onwards. Shops other than textiles, jewellery, and footwear shops can be opened. All shops can be opened after April 25. The owners should sanitise closed shops. People from Tamil Nadu should not be allowed to work. No crowd should be formed in front of shops.
Owners and staff of shops should wear ID cards. The owner and an employee in medium sized shops and owner and two employees in large shops will be given ID cards. Only those who have ID cards will be allowed to be inside the shops, said sub collector S Prem Krishnan.