Centipede spotted in ‘biriyani’, rat droppings in kitchen; food safety dept shut restaurant in Kochi

1 min read
Read later

Centipede spotted in biriyani at Kayias hotel in Mattancherry

Kochi: A dead centipede was spotted in a biryani served in ‘Kayias’ restaurant at Mattancherry in Ernakulam. The centipede was found in the food ordered by a family from Thrissur on Friday noon. Soon, the officials of the Food Safety Department arrived at the restaurant and confirmed the allegations following an inspection.

The officials reported that the kitchen and premises of the restaurant have been unclean. Following this, the Food Safety Department shut the restaurant.

Rats and rat droppings were found in the kitchen during the inspection. The officials said that many minor restaurants in the Ernakulam district are not maintaining the food safety standards proposed by the department.

Within a week, two deaths were reported in Kerala due to food poisoning. Kasaragod native Anjusree Parvathy died on Saturday allegedly after eating ‘Kuzhimanthi’ she ordered from a restaurant in the locality while a nurse Reshmi in Kottayam passed away after having ‘Al Faham’ from a hotel in Kottayam.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

ramanattukara flyover

1 min

National Highway widening delayed in Kozhikode due to soil shortage

Sep 24, 2023

Rajmohan Unnithan

3 min

Vande Bharat not someone's family property: Congress MP Rajmohan Unnithan

Sep 24, 2023

Veena George, KJ Reena and A Geetha

2 min

Women once again lead Kerala’s Nipah response

Sep 24, 2023